Every intubation in the ICU can be a difficult airway. Attend this state-of-the-art, systematic overview and hands-on experience offering the preparation, teamwork, and tools necessary to manage complex critical care airway situations.
- Identify exam findings associated with a difficult airway, practice the essential skills of intubation, and learn to use innovative new advanced airway tools to manage difficult airways.
- Gain hands-on experience with a multitude of videolaryngoscopes, bougies, and other intubating devices proven to increase first-pass intubation success.
- Utilize extraglottic airways to reestablish ventilation should intubation not be successful.
- Recognize when and how to use cricothyrotomy for failed airways.
- Work with a team using crew resource management concepts to solve airway problems in a high-fidelity, fast-paced, simulated clinical environment using scenarios developed from real-life cases.
Target Audience: Respiratory therapists, advanced practice providers, physicians, and other health-care professionals with an interest in critical care or emergency medicine are encouraged to attend.
Video: Find out what you will take away from our Difficult Airway Management course.